Finally… I have time to update my blog. So many things to write about so I just decided to make some random Gnews………
Random Gnews – Did you notice lately that underdogs or upsets (favorites losing) have been in the news lately? In sports, Oralando eliminated the Cavaliers to “upset” the dream match-up of Kobe and LBJ in the NBA finals. (Ha, I got at least 50% of my predictions correct). In tennis, at the French Open Rafael Nadal saw his 31 match unbeaten streak ended by Soderling. In entertainment, Adam Lambert, the overwhelming favorite to win go the shaft (hehehe) and lost to Kris Allen. If you consider the next item an upset…. Katrina Halili is “upset” with Hayden Kho. “Tonight the music seems so loud….”
– Has anybody NOT seen the Haydengate scandal? Sorry, I will never listen to “Careless Whisper” the same way again. Too many mental images. Where do i get those glowing balls by the way? “Am never gonna dance again, guilty feelings got no rhythm….”
– I think Adam Lambert is still better than Kris. Kris Allen is also great, but I think Adam will be more popular and sucessful than Kris. Sorry guys. His version of Mad World was awesome as was his other performances. Simon Cowell didn’t even stand when the winner was announced. Will he be back next to judge next year? BTW (To quote Polo B)” Kara is hot! I crush her!!!!”
– Watched Star Trek and Wolverine back to back weeknights last week. Am a 51% “Trekkie.” Not too diehard but enough to understand. I was amazed at how the producers made the perfect prequel to the Star Trek series, that even my kids and the generation who do not know about it, will enjoy the movie. My only criticism was Whaaat? Uhura and Spock an item? “Wictor,wictor” Sayang, the original James Kirk, William Shatner didn’t want to make a cameo. Leonard Nimoy did, and he looked really old, was it the make-up? Chuckled when Scotty said, “I’m givin’ it all she’s got Captain.” Can’t wait for the next one.
Wolverine was also amazing.Waw.Hugh Jackman. Roaaar!!! As usual, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, was a scene stealer. It was also interesting to see future X men like Cyclops, Iceman, being rescued by Jean Luc Picard of Star Trek. Aaaay, I got confused, Professor Xavier pala. Just wondering though, in the First Xmen movie, Sabertooth didn’t talk, and didn’t acknowledge Wolvie as his brother, I know Logan had his memory erased, but…, maybe in another movie.
– Don’t you hate it when you are watching a movie rated g or pg, and you are with your kids, then the theater starts showing trailers of movies with either horror, violence or sex as as the subject. They showed the trailer of “Drag Me to Hell” while we were watching Star Trek. My boys had to cover their eyes and ears. This wasn’t the first time that this happened. I hope the movie operators be more sensitive to this. Paging Bong revilla and all the other senators who are busy with Haydengate. Hehehe.
– On a happier note, I can’t wait to see Transformers 2, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and GI Joe. Bring them on!!!
– Lebron’s game winner against Orlando in Game 2 was amazing. One for the ages. The game itself was really heart stopping.I was a witness, replay nga lang.
-Hedo is my new hero. Hedo vs Luke Walton in the finals, parehong kulot, from Turkey with love.- Will Andrew Bynum show up vs Superman in the finals? I think this will be the key to the series. Kobe and Pau will get theirs, Hedo and Rashard as well, Skip to my Lou vs Fish. Interesting matchups. No predictions from me… I like both teams. Hehehe, cop out. Sige na nga, Lakers kasi my eldest son was named after #24.
See you soon in my next entry all.
I’m never gonna dance again…………